PDA

View Full Version : tech inspection this Sunday at IMA.

Vicegrip
04-19-2005, 11:18 PM
The tech session for the Mid Ohio driver’s education event will be held at IMA Motorsports in Merrifield VA IMA owner Ivan Arzola is a long time DE instructor and Club Race driver. IMA Motorsports is well known for high-end performance work on Porsche track cars as well as quality regular service and repair. When you come by take a look at the top-notch milling and machining tools this shop is stocked with. Good tools help make for good work.
This event is open to all members (and non PCA Dorki) and everyone who is interested is encouraged to attend. Even if you don’t plan to go to the event in Ohio, come and get a checkup for your car. We can check it out top to bottom for you and go over some of the important care points for your Porsche. This is a great way for those of you that have a new or new for you Porsche to get acquainted with your car and one of our local PCA Potomac suporting shops. With three lifts to work from, work lifts will only be available after noon and if inspections are not waiting. Last year we had lift time in the afternoon so feel free to stop by and get the small items fixed or to share in your good finds you made at the swap meet.
Questions or comments? Please contact Kurt Mickelwait at tech@pcapotomac.org or call (571)233-3421

EVENT INFO:
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE! This tech is on a Sunday!
When. April 24th from 9:00 a.m. Until 2:00 p.m.
Where. IMA Motorsports 2928 C Prosperity Avenue Fairfax, VA, 22031
Phone # (703) 849-9590 on the web: www.imamotorsport.com

Directions. From 495 in Virginia take Route 50 West and then turn right onto Prosperity Ave. IMA Motorsports will on the left across from the Merrifield postal facility.

realroadrage
04-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks to Kurt, George, Mark, John, Mat, and those whose names I did not learn for beginning my mechanical education in earnest today. You guys provide an invaluable service to people like me who are green but want to learn the ropes. I have bearings, tie rods, and brake lines on the way, so know that your advice was not only appreciated but followed. Thanks again.

Alan Herod
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Also, special thanks to Marc, Charlie, Pari, and Ivan who 'helped me' change my shift coupler busings with the fancy new brass bushings. They actually did all the work and performed the adjustment as well. Appropriately, the only I did was loosen the Allen-head bolt and tighten a hose clamp. Thanks guys -- I know that I would have turned that into a two day job and the difference is night and day.

Eli
04-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks everyone. My first tech. inspecion was a blast!

Parenn911
04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Also, special thanks to Marc, Charlie, Pari, and Ivan who 'helped me' change my shift coupler busings with the fancy new brass bushings. They actually did all the work and performed the adjustment as well. Appropriately, the only I did was loosen the Allen-head bolt and tighten a hose clamp. Thanks guys -- I know that I would have turned that into a two day job and the difference is night and day.
Thanks Alan, glad my quarter could come in handy :lol:. Marc and Charlie did all the hard work ;).
Thanks everyone. My first tech. inspecion was a blast!
I also enjoyed the tech inspection, maybe because it was a smaller crowd than usual but the pace felt a little more relaxed.
Ralf did a great job of teching my car, thank you.

}{arlequin
04-25-2005, 11:24 AM
as always :roll: my car flunked everything possible, but the most important part of the day was that the food was awesome! the pasta w/ home made sauce really hit the spot! I was a bit late for the doughnuts, but the rest of the food totally made up for it.

(Oh, and if you're ever looking for a 30mm socket on a Sunday night, forget it. It's easier to find a neighbor that's into air-cooled VW's.....)