PDA

View Full Version : F**k me, I violated the Dorki's cardinal rule

flatsixcrazy
03-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey all,

First off, I am not a bad man. I don't look like someone who would do such a thing, just ask my neighbor. :roll: . As last Saturdays weather happened to be gorgeous, I though that i could just go ahead and prep the SC for april 2nd's engine drop. Thomas Horton came out from Leesburg to give me a hand. The prep was relatively smooth, except for the clutch release arm removal (it turns out, the 78Sc has an extra "round pin" that held the arm onto the shaft and was discontinued from 79 on). When the prep was over and we both stood back and took a breather, as if the devil was reaching for my soul, I heard the soft whispers of " drop the engine, drop the engine, drop the engine, ............". So I did, without realizing the consequences. Come to think of it, it WAS.... Thomas Horton, who stood behind me and whispered into my ears and told me to "drop the engine".

I was well versed in the cardinal rule of the dorki prior to my initiation and that is "Thou shall not drop thy engine without the prescence of, at least, three dorki brethern standing around guzzling beers and shooting B.Ses".
Here I am, standing before you, waiting for your judgement. But it was Thomas that sold my soul to the devil, not me. Needless to say, there won't be an engine drop for me on April 2nd, instead, there'll be a transmission tunnel modification with a BFH and suspension transfer from the SC onto my 911T SMV. You are welcome to come by for beer, pizza and some other sh*ts hat I will cook up. PM me for direction. Once again, I am at the mercy of your forgiveness.

andy

Jim Richards
03-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I understand the influence that the "evil" Thomas has over people. I still hear him whispering in my ear to slip a 930 engine into the back of Dino. :twisted:

Parenn911
03-21-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah yeah yeah, excuses! You owe us an engine drop buddy :evil: . :lol:

Charlie Stylianos
03-21-2005, 11:48 AM
yeah yeah yeah, excuses! You owe us an engine drop buddy :evil: . :lol:

No worries. I'll still be there on the 2nd dropping the 3.6. :twisted:

Good job, BTW!!

targa911man
03-21-2005, 12:26 PM
There is no hope. You will burn in hell.

vove
03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Damn it ANdy, how could you?? Dorki's code of honor has been violated here. We're just going to have to drink all of your beers on the 2nd as a warning. :twisted:

cmartin
03-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I got a little flack for doing the same thing last summer. Kinda cool doing it yourself though, maybe it's a confidence thing.

Since we werent there for the drop though, we get 1 session each at the next DE, right? 8)

flatsixcrazy
03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,
That was completely my bad. Although Thomas was a major influence, the responsibility rested squarely on my shoulder. Oh, and Thomas' replies was, "Hey, it's your monkey. You're f*cking it. I am just here to hold it's tail". I'll accept any punishments coming my way, as long as it does not involved a rubber hose with or w/o vaseline, Pari :shock: . I'll make it up to you all on the 2nd. Oooh sh*t. Now I am hearing whispers of "98mm J.E pistons cylinders upgrade". Oh hey Charlie . :D

markwemple
03-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey since I forgot to inform all about my engine drop (and am quietly proud of having a successful one-person drop) am I allowed to invite all for the install??

tghii
03-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Guilty as charged.

Although I have a degree of culpability in this Dorki Honor Code violation I must put forth a somewhat plausible defense. I usually spend my weekends in Georgia so I miss out on a majority of the Dorki engine drops. When presented with an opportunity to force my participation in an engine drop I succumbed to the dark side. I thought it best to perform the menial task of removing the 3.0SC and leave the difficult 3.6L drop to the Dorki masters. I am but a young weed-hopper not worthy of a 3.6 drop. Actually, the Dorki brothers should thank me as I have created a situation where Andy MUST drop the 3.6 as penance for his multitude of sins against the Dorki code.

All’s forgiven… right?

Thomas

P.S. I’ll be returning to GA for the Easter weekend so you can all put away the torches, pitch forks and clubs - Just a thought to save the lynch mob a drive out to Leesburg this weekend.

Trak Ratt
03-22-2005, 07:15 AM
All can be forgiven with the application of brats and beer. Applied in sufficient amounts and most any breach in Dorki etiquette will not only be forgiven but likely forgotten. Worst case scenario just hand everyone a couple of oily wrenches after some beer and thank them for their help :roll: