PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City

thomschoon
03-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Okay you guys gave me some good feedback before which kept me from moving to Wisconsin, but what do you know about Kansas City??

I just got offered a position in Kansas City, essentially it would allow me to travel less (work less) and make $$ more. I am just wondering if KC is worth a look.

Thanks

little b
03-12-2005, 03:27 PM
i like the idea of KC! the people i've known to move there, really liked it! and youre talking about more pay, lower cost of living, make a killing on your house here w/the market high...
much warmer than Wis. St Louis not too far. and then north to Chicago....and who doesn't like the quirks of the KC chiefs? well, i guess you could just watch them on the tele, like the packers.

when you leave, please leave all p-cars here. Since you'll be picking up rustless pcars out west, and having your company ship them back here, if you ever come back! 8)

Trak Ratt
03-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Which one? KC MO is simply a blast! Got there at 10 PM on year, left the hotel around midnight to get dinner during a snow storm and found a block party right in the middle of town. Hot in the summer, colder in the winter, lots more snow, drier, sometimes real severe weather! Great people, good beef and BBQ. Nice slice of middle America. Right in the middle of everything… close to nothing :wink:

OldTee
03-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Too many Republicans. :roll:

markwemple
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm w/ Old Tee!! Also, boring country side!! Where's the nearest track?? Anyway, I'd take the beauty and people of Wisconsin way before 'ol KC. My 2c only.

CrewChief
03-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Reasons to live in KC (the entire metro area spreads across MO and KS):

Arthur Bryant's BBQ (do get the fries and a pitcher of Boulevard beer)
Gate's BBQ
LC's BBQ
Hayward's BBQ
Rosedale BBQ
Wyandot BBQ
KC Masterpiece BBQ (original location)
Lil' Jakes BBQ
- the list is endless

Stroud's (home style fried chicken original location in the former speak-easy)

The Plaza (go watch the lights turned on Thanksgiving)

State legistlature over-rode the governors veto and enacted a carry bill last year.

Thunderstorms are serious demonstrations of natures beauty and power, rountinely going over 50 thousand and visible from miles away.

Reasons not:
If you were to actually live within the KC city limits do not even think about kids attending the public schools.

Summit Point is a serious hike.

Have heard the local DE operations have silly strange passing rules.