PDA

View Full Version : New To a Dorki car

Vicegrip
12-31-2004, 07:42 AM
This fine example rolled off the lot in the hands of a smiling Dorki.

VaSteve
12-31-2004, 08:11 AM

Lemme guess: Eli?

Actually, I'm just kidding and I can't blame them if they want to remain nameless. How long would it take to drop the motor on one of those?

Chronos
12-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Is that the ultra-rare Arctic Silver? :wink:

Looks like a nice '99. Congrats! Time to start modding...

Eli
12-31-2004, 06:50 PM

Lemme guess: Eli?

Actually, I'm just kidding and I can't blame them if they want to remain nameless. How long would it take to drop the motor on one of those?

Funny funny Steve...good guess :twisted:
Yes, couldn't resist...that's what Jessica gets for saying "You can get anything you'd like for New Year's"
All and all not a bad ride...the car only has 28,000 miles and still rides very solid. I conceeded to sell all but two porsches :( so you'll see me posting in the Pelican "for sale" section...
Of course the first place I drove was a http://img89.exs.cx/img89/9382/starbux4qk.gif... was told that's a requirement if you own a 996 :wink:.

The only gripe I have is the lack of CUPHOLDERS...come on...even my PC has one :lol:
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/3640/cdrom7xg.jpg

Perhaps Kurt can help me rig up something similar
http://img128.exs.cx/img128/8849/carcdrom9ik.jpg

Jazzbass
01-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Cool Eli! So what do you need to complete the cycle? 993... mid year car... What happens to the 964 now?

Parenn911
01-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Nice Ride Eli :D !
So are you planning on tracking this Porsche :lol: .
Let me know if you need a hand gutting the interior, you can keep the cupholder :wink:.

Eli
01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Nice Ride Eli :D !
So are you planning on tracking this Porsche :lol: .
Let me know if you need a hand gutting the interior, you can keep the cupholder :wink:.

Thanks Pari! Yeah...started last night. Already stripped it all out and drilled holes for the roll bar... :lol:...just kidding.
Nah, most likely will track the 964 :twisted:

vove
01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Nice Eli, so I see you have crossed over to the water pumpers land. Welcome brother...

Steelspine
01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Kurt,

When you gonna let that poor blue bug on the rug with the pink one?

Eli
01-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Nice Eli, so I see you have crossed over to the water pumpers land. Welcome brother...

Thank you sir. So far so good. Looking for these http://img141.exs.cx/img141/2954/7c21xo.jpg, let me know if you come across a set.

Cheers.

Vicegrip
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Kurt,

When you gonna let that poor blue bug on the rug with the pink one?

That is up to the builder. She expects that the blue bug will be done and ready to be unpacked first part of March. :D

vove
01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Funny you asked, Im looking for the same wheels at the moment.

I saw this one ad for them about a month ago, this guy was giving them away for $1000.00(brand spanking new) and when I called it was gone :evil: . That would have been a deal of a lifetime!!

Eli
01-03-2005, 05:46 PM
I've looked at these a few times, but just not sure of the quality... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=7944282 119&rd=1

BillJ
01-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Dont worry about the quality! The roads around here are pothole free and smooth as glass :?

Those 18's coupled with low profile tires could be rim benders, but a decent size sidewall should help keep that in check. Any other opinions from the wide rim gang?

vove
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Eli-
I have those at the moment and I think I will upgrade to HRE's 540 or Kinesis K28. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in taking them off my hands and we can work something out.

Eli
01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
You've got a PM

Chronos
01-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Pretty nice looking wheels. Are they really 2 or 3 piece? If so they may be a bit fragile for our roads (as already stated). I managed to bend a solid turbo II front wheel (225/40-18 on it too- pretty big sidewall).

I just installed a set of 256/35-18 snow tires on the rears and am amazed at the ride difference compared to the 295/30-18s I had mounted earlier. Much more compliant ride.

Eli
01-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I think they're two piece.
Is there any noise difference with the snow tires?

Chronos
01-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I hear more of a "whine"-type noise now; I thought the Y-rated Yokohama Sport AVS that I had on the rear were pretty quiet. I'd say the Dunlop M-2 snow tires are noisier; the noise reminds me of a Jeep with big offroad tires (just not as loud), if that makes any sense at all. Not obnoxious, mind you. Just noisier.

As Spring nears I'll start looking at front/rear replacement summer tires. I may stick with the Yokohama Sport AVS but am also interested in Michelin Pilot Sports, a new Bridgestone tire, maybe Pirelli Corsas (need as much grip as possible to stay ahead of Pari when we DE this Spring). May pick up a couple of sets of tires... I can hear my wife complaining now. :oops:

vove
01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Chronos-
Those are the ones on my car at the last fun run(answer to your post on rennlist).

Sorry, I didnt have a chance to check on that post and it got lost in the massive traffic on rennlist.

}{arlequin
01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
.......couldn't resist...that's what Jessica gets for saying "You can get anything you'd like for New Year's"

ok.... lemme get this straight.... she said THAT, and all you got was THAT??!! :shock:

Married guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time you heard "her" say that to you?

I dunno Eli, looks like you should've taken better advantage of the offer. ;)

Eli
01-06-2005, 05:25 PM
.......couldn't resist...that's what Jessica gets for saying "You can get anything you'd like for New Year's"

ok.... lemme get this straight.... she said THAT, and all you got was THAT??!! :shock:

Married guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time you heard "her" say that to you?

I dunno Eli, looks like you should've taken better advantage of the offer. ;)

It was on short notice...first thought was a Cessna, but couldn't come up with sufficient downpayment... :shock: :twisted:

Jazzbass
01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the ability to say those words is surgically removed on your wedding day. Somehow, Eli got Jessica to the altar without the requisite surgery. Good for you, Eli!

Chronos
01-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Chronos-
Those are the ones on my car at the last fun run(answer to your post on rennlist).

Sorry, I didnt have a chance to check on that post and it got lost in the massive traffic on rennlist.

No prob. Thought they were. Great looking wheels.

Lessee, the last time I heard that was for my 40th bday present- a plasma TV. She told me to get one so after I ordered it, waited impatiently for it to arrive, then installed it I got her to sit down for her first show. She loved the HD picture, but then asked "can we get a bigger one? I think I'd like a bigger one."

:o

Doh! Didn't order the larger screen size; kept the 42". I should have upgraded! :shock:

Eli
11-20-2005, 03:44 PM
I conceeded to sell all but two Porsches :( so you'll see me posting in the Pelican "for sale" section...

So...almost a year later I kept my promiss to Jessica ;)

Richard Curtis
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Married to the greatest woman in the world for 35+ years. When I said two years ago that i'd like to buy an older Porsche (I already had two other vehicles at the time and, in fact, still have them), all she said was, "As long as it has air bags." Never questioned buying the car, not even an upturned eyebrow over any of the expenses of ownership. Maybe I should've bought a brand new one? But I really wanted air cooled, for the sound and look. She also backed my racing jones for 15 years. No, she doesn't have a twin sister!

OldTee
11-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Eli, you are spoiled! And I know you love it!
:)
ARF